Today came across great article “TOP 10 SILVERLIGHT MYTHS AND THE FACTS TO BUST THEM” written by Jeremy LIKNESS from Wintellect .
Highly recommend to read it.
List of Myths from it:
- Silverlight is mainly for video
- Silverlight requires Microsoft web servers to run
- Microsoft tools for Silverlight are expensive
- Silverlight doesn’t work on … (Mac, Chrome, etc.)
- Silverlight is buggy
- HTML5 is going to kill Silverlight
- Silverlight is about smashing open standards
- It’s hard to develop for Silverlight
- There aren’t good materials to learn Silverlight
- There aren’t many practical Silverlight application